-
April 14th, 2006, 11:39 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Well as you all know, Ive had a very emotional past couple of months with my boyfriend breaking up with me, not knowing what he wants after 7 years, etc... we went for a walk the other day and talked... he says he doesnt want to categorize our relationship as just being friends, because categorization and putting a label on things is stupid to him and pointless apparently.... he is being distant, yet wants me there and is interested in my life.... However, I told him that I cant be just "friends" with him and that I dont think I can see him until he figures out exactly what he wants out of life and out of me.....
In the meaning, Ive been hanging out with one of my good old friends... I ran into him again after years of being apart and we get along soo good, only problem is last nite I went over to his house to watch a movie and he told me how stupid my boyfriend was to let me go and then he kissed me... Bad thing is .. I kind of liked it... but I dont want to ruin our friendship and I told him that Im still confused and dont want to hurt anyone.... other thing is that he has been there for me throughout this time, and really truly cares about me.... I think though he has also " been around the block" a few too many times... I know he has dated and been with quite a few women.... at the same time, I cant imagine not having this friend of mine in my life.... and could possibly someday maybe have feelings for him... but for me its too early to tell, being that Im still so hurt over what my boyfriend had done to me... and Id never do that to him, make him the "rebound" guy... ya know?
I have learned one thing, that I will never be alone... there are a lot of people that truly care for me and if he doesnt want to be with me, there are plenty of people that would love the chance..... Im keeping my head up and staying strong.. you all are right... and I thank you all for your advice and being there for me.... Only time will tell what happens with my future, but for now, Im staying strong and thinking positively! [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
April 14th, 2006, 11:51 PM
#2
Inactive Member
It sounds like you have a great head on your shoulders, and I'm sure you know everything works around in time. That said, I do send (((hugs))) your way.
Jen Day
-
April 14th, 2006, 11:53 PM
#3
13Pumpkins
Guest
I hope that things work out for you!
[img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
-
April 15th, 2006, 12:13 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Good for you for telling your ex that you don't want to be just friends and that you won't see him until he gets things straightened out. I think it's pretty crummy that he would do this to you after 7 years, and if he doesn't know what he wants by now, I question whether he ever will. [img]eek.gif[/img]
Be careful with your friend, though...I did the same thing after my long-term boyfriend broke up with me last fall (got back in touch with an old friend, kissed him a few times), and I ended up really regretting it and haven't talked to him since. It felt great to know that someone other than my ex desired me and thought the ex was crazy for ending things with me. I felt very powerless and out of control throughout my breakup, but suddenly here was this guy who really liked me, and I had all the power as to whether anything would happen. I liked feeling like I had some control over things again, and also loved the fact that I had the freedom to kiss whoever I wanted, whenever I wanted. I liked the power and the freedom more than I actually liked the guy...and I let things go past friendship when I shouldn't have. It was a mistake and I wish I hadn't done it now. It sounds like you realize you are still at a vulnerable point and you don't want to turn him into a rebound guy, which is a good thing...it's no fun for the rebound when he actually has real feelings for you. It's easy to just do things without thinking when you are at that rebound stage, which is not good when there are friends involved. I definitely recommend taking things slowly with any new guy...I think you will know when it's the right time to move on. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
-
April 15th, 2006, 12:34 AM
#5
Felicity_Fan85
Guest
I hope things work out for the best for you! *huggles* [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]
-
April 15th, 2006, 12:56 AM
#6
Inactive Member
It is really nice of you to update us. I am impressed with how strong you are being with your ex-boyfriend. Despite how painful your life has been lately, it sounds like you have really learned a lot of valuable life lessons and stayed positive. Whoever you end up with is a lucky man. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
-
April 15th, 2006, 01:40 AM
#7
Inactive Member
I don't want to offer any words of advise or anything but I did want you to know that I'm glad you are back and I got a happy feeling seeing your name on the board again. Happy Easter! Kristin
-
April 15th, 2006, 02:37 AM
#8
Inactive Member
There's always someone around the corner who will love you. Sometimes it's a friend, sometimes a family member, sometimes a future spouse, sometimes a stranger with big ears.....you never know.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks